News Article # 1

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/03/10/europe/pope-married-men-priests/index.html

Since I know everyone is going to post about impeachment of Park, I will deal with totally different issue.
The above link is the news about Pope Francis' idea about opening a married man becoming a priest. As a Roman Catholic, this is kind of shocking news, because this is UNBELIEVABLE. I completed my primary and secondary education in a Catholic School in Philippines. One thing I admired with the priests was that they give up their marriage to serve God, including reproduction. And to be honest, I had pride in those celibated priests telling my Protestant friends that Catholic and Protestant are totally different although both came from same root. I don't think it's proper for a married man becoming a priest even with the wife's permission. My Catholic  teachers taught me that sex is the highest expression of love between married couple. Then what's happening to married priest's marriage? Anyway, it doesn't mean that it will going to implemented immediately. It's just an idea he's open to. I believe it will take about 5 to 10 years to execute. Hope everything be settled before it's implementation.

댓글

이 블로그의 인기 게시물

Take a stand : Abortion should be legalized in Korea.

Assignment#4 Gender