Assignment #2

My reflection after watching a video of myself answering the question:
"What makes you angry? Why?"

When I was grade 7, I had first experience of answering question with a time limit.
It was impromptu speech. I was asked to pick a paper from a jar which about 30 rolled questions were inside and I do still remember the question - "Do you share your happiness and sadness with your beloved ones?" I finished my speech quite successfully, considering I had straight fright. My face turned red, and I couldn't make eye contact with my classmates, so I just stared at the clock hanging at the back of the classroom.

Again, it's time for a speech. A gap of 5 years not practicing English was a disaster.
For I am aware of my quality of speech, seeing myself in video was like uhmm..... I'm doing this because it's an assignment!

Yes I should evaluate myself in a KIND way... Anyway, here goes cynical observation.

1. Grammatical error
ex. more happier, tenses
I need to calm myself down and think and speak slowly so that I would refrain make mistakes.

2. Eye contact
I have excuse for this. My pair was looking straight at me while shooting me. Naturally her eyes met mine and I couldn't help myself. I should overcome this uncomfortable eye contact (very, very uncomfortable for me).. Or I will stare at the camera next shooting.
I should stop swinging my head too! I will stand fixed, not moving and looking at the camera, saying slowly.

3. Uhm and pause
I have a habit of saying "uhm". Actually, this habit was made intentionally. Remember that I said about having stage fright? My school teacher advised me it's better if I say uhm or uhh while speaking to give myself a time to relax. I don't know if it worked, but now I know I must correct this. Also, I should say slowly to avoid pausing.

4. Facial expression
Everyone watching my video can find that I wasn't unsure of what I was saying. I don't know how it happened. I thought I was confident while delivering my speech. I need an advice.

5. Repetition of word
Why am I keep saying "SO"?!?!?! It's weird because I seldom use "So" when chatting.
I will practice answering those questions given in the class...To practice not using "So".


One saying I would like to share(But I hate people saying this) before I conclude.
"Practice makes perfect."
I will practice!!

댓글

이 블로그의 인기 게시물

Take a stand : Abortion should be legalized in Korea.

News Article # 1

Assignment#4 Gender